Sunday, September 11, 2011

What A Difference A Week Makes

So I missed posting to my blog last week. It was Labor Day and we returned home very late. The week before I had two interviews with the school district. I knew I would be subbing as a Special Education Assistant. I had also expressed an interest in a more permanent and full time position. But two interviews in one week? Wow.

Both of my interviews went well. I was offered both jobs. I know that I am blessed and I do not take this for granted. But there was a certain pull towards one job that I couldn't deny. I had the opportunity to meet the staff and work with them as a sub and this is where I knew I wanted to be. The team is amazing and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. I am honored to work with them.

So the home front. Well, I was thinking I would be subbing at the start of the year, remember? I had let much fall to the wayside. Historically, schools don't need subs early on. So in general I had left my house a mess. It needed a good cleaning. Groceries needed to be bought. Laundry needed to be done. And the rest of the stuff all households need. Bills needed to be paid, the lawn needed to be mowed. Where is the simplicity in all of that?

Breathe, Ann, breathe was my mantra for the week. We as a family made it through. We will make it through all of the weeks ahead. Especially because I did all of the laundry. We cleaned the house and did the yard work. I just got done making 15 sandwiches and put them in the freezer. I made out the menu for dinners for the week and we have all of the food we need. Just finished paying the bills. And I am a little embarrassed to tell you this, but I'm coloring my hair right now as I type. It's all about multitasking.

You know what is really making all of this work? It's my home team. Scott and Gracie are pitching in wherever they can to help.
This is called getting the job done. And this leaves time for us as a family. I am in love all over again. Even the dogs are doing their part. Normally they are like clockwork, but for some reason they let us sleep in a bit this weekend. Thank you Bailey and Sweet Pea.

So in one week my life has changed a great deal. I feel all for the better. My family was there for me and I was there for them. I'm renewing some of my old organizational skills. I'm making things that we have to do simpler, so that we have time for what is really important. Each other.

©2011 Ann M. De Broux

No comments:

Post a Comment