Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm Thankful

This is the time of year that we are all reminded that there is much to be thankful for. This sentiment is not lost on me this year. For sure not this year. I am truly thankful for so much. Some of the things I am appreciative of are obvious and heartfelt. Other things that I am thankful for are flying low. Under the radar. Here's a little taste.

It almost goes without saying, but I am so grateful for my family and friends. This year has been a turbulent one. No pity party here, though. We made it. We have overcome. And we survived the tragedies mostly unscathed. I remember hearing that when a bone breaks it actually heals stronger. I think that is a perfect metaphor for my family and how we have healed and continue to heal.

I am thankful for blogging and texting. Yes, you read right. The written word is powerful. In all forms. This past year I have been able to stay in touch with all of you by writing. There were times that it would have been physically impossible to make enough phone calls, or to write enough notes. Emotionally it would have drained me. So I am so very thankful for technology.

I am thankful for a roof over my head and a comfy bed. Some days that is how I enjoyed my home. I wasn't in it much at times. But I did crash here. Literally. I needed a warm, safe place to refuel and relax. This is what my home did for me. Even if I only spent eight or so hours in it at a time.

I am thankful for coffee. It wakes me up in the same way each day. I can always count on it. I would also like to honorably mention Culver's. For feeding my family in a pinch. And Bath and Body Works for keeping my skin soft. I would like to thank my public library and Barnes and Noble for keeping my brain entertained.

And last, but not least, I am thankful for two furry creatures that are glad to see me each and every time I come through the door. They take me out for walks even when I don't feel like going. They make sure I stay warm as they cuddle up against me while we sleep. They make me laugh and are loyal beyond words.

Big or small, there are so many people, things and opportunities that I am thankful for. I am humbled and blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment