Monday, June 24, 2013

The Bigger The Better

It's me again.  So soon, you say?  Yep.  When the writing juices are flowing you've just got to do it.  You may have noticed that I changed my template.  It was time.  I like to change things up a bit.  I'm just having a little trouble with the predominance of pink.  Otherwise I like it.  Free form watercolor.  Good for now.

It's summer and I have changed a few things up.  I bought a new couch.  It's a sectional.  Brown leather.  It feels like butter.  So comfortable.  And we all fit on it.  Scott, Gracie, Sweet Pea, Bailey and me.  With room to spare.  I loved the look of this couch in the store and I love it even more in my living room.   But I need to be honest.  The furniture is bigger than I thought it would be.  I am usually so good at visualizing.  Really.  It's like a gift.  Or should I say it was a gift.  I sort of made this piece of furniture smaller in my mind.  To fit in my small living room, of course.

Anyway, we're loving every minute of it.  And then we saw Nate Berkus on t.v. the other day.  I love his design tips.  I had even caught a few of his shows before his daytime spot was cancelled.  Well, Nate suggested to viewers that they decompress first thing when they get home.  He said to sit down and put your feet up, even for ten minutes, it is the best gift you can give yourself.  Scott and I looked at each other.  Telepathically we communicated. Yep, hardly a word was spoken and we were off.  To the furniture store.

Our lives will not be complete until we do this, is what we said.  We marched into the store and we were on a mission.  To find the ottoman that matches our mammoth couch.  So we can put our feet up and decompress.  Every day.

So, Scott picked up the ottoman today.  It's big.  It matches the couch.  Scott says that our couch reaches into next week.  And now we have a matching ottoman that has its own zip code!

No comments:

Post a Comment