Monday, February 7, 2011

What Can I Say...

I woke up yesterday with more anticipation than I usually have on game day. We went to church and I am embarrassed to admit that I wasn't as attentive as I should have been. I may even feel a little guilty about the fact that I added a few things to my grocery list during the sermon. It was important. If you don't remember the ice and pickles it can ruin your party!

After church we headed to the grocery store to pick up our food and drink. I had called a week ago to order the hot beef and said I would pick it up at 1:00. We'll, I'm impatient. It was 11:45. I know I'm early. Is it ready I asked? Sure thing was my answer. Thank goodness. I could see people admiring our cart as we flew through the store. I got more than one comment of--- party? And what's your address? Ha Ha. I already have plenty of folks coming over. Old friends, new friends, friends from work and a neighbor, too.

We got home and unloaded our goods just in time for the first wave of company to arrive. Dip was made. Fruits and veggies cut up and chips set out. Some hot beef, buns, pickles and olives. Sweets, too. We ate all day long. Life is good on game day. Especially Super Bowl Sunday! That feeling of not being able to wait started. Noon passed. Then that 3:30 game time passed and I started to feel like a kid that is being told to wait and open her birthday gifts later. Ugh. I am thankful for great friends. Because of them the time passed rather quickly.

Then our team took the field. And the crowd went wild. At the stadium, but at my house, too. Twenty of us finding our spot to watch history be made. And was it ever. The game was FANTASTIC! Besides a botched anthem and some bad ads, it was a great time. Our dance party at half time was awesome. Lots of kids and adults jumping around in the living room. We have pictures. The game was AMAZING. I know overuse of caps here, but this win warrants it. I'm so proud of the Packers. On and off the field. They really deserved this win. We as fans deserved it, too. It's been so nice to have a pleasant distraction from life these past few weeks. This hope for a win has really united people. Yesterday was a great day to be a Green Bay Packer Fan. What more can I say?

©2011 Ann M. De Broux

No comments:

Post a Comment