Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ready, Set, Go

Grocery shopping done. Check. House cleaned. Check. Bills paid. Check. Laundry done. Check. Quality time with family and friends. Double check. So it's Sunday night and all of the important things have been done and experienced this weekend. I'm all ready to greet the new week. I think.

Mondays come to me with mixed feelings. Not all of the time. Just every once in a while. Especially when the weekend has been great. You don't want it to end. It does though. And I know that there will always be next weekend. I'm an adult. I know these things. Here's part two of the equation. I do love Mondays. I love my job and the people I work with. A new week is a fresh start. A new set of five days to change the world. Or maybe just five days to make little changes. To make a difference. To pay it forward. I like to start small. Smile at people. Hold a door for someone. Let a person in your lane in traffic. Life is short and little things do mean a lot. Don't listen to those who say they don't.

So I've picked my clothes out for tomorrow. Something bright and cheery. Just in case the sun isn't out, this should give me a bright and shiny look on life. I'm relaxing tonight. Enjoying the quiet night with the family. I know I'll get a good night's sleep. This arms me for the week ahead. I really can't wait. I'm looking forward to it. I'm ready for it. I'm set. And tomorrow off I go.

Challenge yourself to start the week like we used to start our races in grade school. With great anticipation. With the idea that there is a prize at the end. It's called the weekend. But don't forget to enjoy the week along the way. Sometimes hidden prizes are revealed along the way. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment