Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Things I Love

This post isn't about the people I love. I don't have enough time or space to accomplish that. This post is about the things that make me smile. On a daily basis. Some are what you might expect. Others are a bit odd. Go figure. So here goes.

Superman blue nail polish. I love the color blue. And I'm pretty sure that when I wear this polish on my toes I have super powers. Just saying.

The smell of coffee greeting me in the morning when I have been wise enough to load the machine the night before and remember to set the timer.

I love when my dog Bailey jumps up on my lap and is one half inch from my face. I then say, well, Bailey, I don't think we could be any closer. And he moves in so that our noses touch. Smart dog.

I love my windows open and the smell of fresh air.

My new fuzzy blanket. Yes, I said it, my blanket. It was only $12.99 and has comforted me and helped me sleep like no other.

Marshall's deals. This store has everything. On sale. And the store on my side of town is always organized. I can find things without digging. Love it.

I love the little stone that a friend bought me that has the word SIMPLIFY painted on it. More than once I have carried this in my pocket. A gentle reminder to stay focused on what's important.

I love riding in cars with heated seats.

I love reading all day and not feeling guilty about it.

I love maple donuts and bacon. Heart attack, I know. I'm just speaking in terms of the occassional treat.

I have to have lip balm. Right now my favorite is the super huge Bonne Bell Lip Smacker in Dr. Pepper. And yes I am 45. Totally brings me back to my teenage years.

Love my sweatpants. Yep. The ones from my daughter's favorite store. Thankfully she's ok with me shopping there. Not so thankfully when she wants to wear them.

So these are a few of the things that bring me comfort and joy. These are the things that in a small way make me who I am. These are small, not expensive and sometimes free. They are also the things that I look forward to. Each and every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment