Sunday, June 10, 2012

What I Am Looking Forward To

The end of the school year is upon us. I couldn't be more torn. I am going to miss all of our students. I wish them the best. My life is better for knowing them. I hope in some way they feel the same. On the other side I am still a kid at heart and can't wait for summer! Woohoo! Sun, fun, sleeping in, lots of coffee. Time at the cottage. No schedules that have to be kept. Yep. I'm ready. What a terrific time for renewal. Just when I need it.

It's my season to purge my house. These past few weeks especially, the place has been looking like a tornado hit it. We've had clean clothes and food to eat. But that is where it ends. The dust bunnies are a-multiplying at my house. It's time to clean closets, scrub tubs and wash windows.

Then comes the fun. We will go to the cottage whenever we want to. On a whim. I'm looking forward to it. We will swim and boat. We will grill out and entertain. We have a share of organic foods delivered each week. Easy peasy in the grocery department!

I am looking forward to walking the dogs. Not under the gun in a hurried way. In a not rushed way and lengthy walks multiple times throughout the day. Gracie is going to be my personal trainer and get me moving even more with all sorts of exercises.

I am looking forward to living each day for what it brings. I want to not hurry everywhere. I would like to savor each and every moment. I want to laugh and catch up with family and friends. This is time for renewal. I have more goals set for myself. I just need to get them organized and I will share soon. I hope you have things to look forward to this summer. It doesn't matter what your age or our goals a time for renewal is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment