Monday, May 2, 2011

If The Bra Fits...

So this weekend I was in bed with the stomach flu. Feeling the worst I possibly ever have. I was having a pity party of sorts. No one else was was invited, just me. At a particularly low point I was considering what music I might want played at my funeral. Lots of songs ran through my head and then this one popped in. You've all heard it. It's, You Raise Me Up, by Josh Groban. And before you know it I was laughing. This song actually reminds me of something else that happened recently.

About a month ago I was shopping. From a list of course. I was reaching for something on a high shelf and I felt this undeniable snap and immediate pain. Before I go any further, I should warn you this post does have bra talk in it. No I wasn't injured. But my favorite bra was. The underwire had snapped. Man, this was the last of the four that I had bought a few years back. I loved this style of bra that much. Comfortable, no tightness, no falling straps. The perfect fit. I have a drawer full of misfits at home. Meaning misfitting bras, but I hate wearing them. So needless to say I have been in search of perfection. And a month ago after the snapping incident I found it. Again. And bought three.

I was so happy that I went to work and shared the news. Everyone must know. Everyone that is female anyway. I told my coworkers that I hardly even realized I had it on. I shared the brand and style. I really couldn't tell enough people. My life was feeling very complete. Then Gracie came home. With a friend. Gracie said, my, you look happy mom. Indeed I am, I said. It's the little things in life that can really make your day I told the girls. Like what, was their next question. Oh boy. So I explained the bra situation. Nice fit. Comfortable. And it raises me up. Then we talked a little about gravity. You know where I'm going with this. And the song popped into my head. So I sang a little to two very giggly girls. And it gets better. I can just about knock them flat with laughter anytime I see them if I simply hum a few bars of this song.

So to get back to my weekend. A funny memory made a miserable moment more bearable. I guess it is true that humor is good medicine.

©2011 Ann M. De Broux

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you were sick but loved the post. I have been singing "You Lift Me Up" all day now. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete