Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm A Cheater

No, not on my taxes. No silly. Definitely not on my husband. Are you kidding me? I love that guy! I'm a cheater in other ways. So have you heard of the trinity of cooking? Yep. It's the combo of carrots, celery and onions. Chop these veggies up and away you go. Make a slab of meat a delectable roast with the trinity. Turn a simple broth into a soup to die for with the almighty three.

So what's so exciting about carrots, celery and onions you may wonder? Well, sit down. I'm always one to share with the masses when I have a life changing moment. These veggies actually come in the deli section, together and all chopped up. Shut the front door! Do you know what a change this has made in my life? It sounds so simple. Chopping up vegetables? Not difficult, right? Wrong. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed these days. I do know that I am not the first woman to return to work full time after staying at home to raise my child. The raising of Gracie is still happening. That will not stop. My house still needs to be maintained, and all the other stuff that goes along with being a wife, mom, daughter, sister and friend, they are all still a priority. I love all of these parts of my life. And I love my new job. I really couldn't be happier. This job found me and I truly thank God for this every day.

So back to the chopped trinity. It's the little things in life that can complicate every day happenings. It's also the little things that can make the biggest difference. So now that I can take the fifteen minutes that I used to spend chopping veggies I use them to play cards with my girl. Or I may spend the time walking my dogs. Or having a relaxing cup of coffee with my man. This little cheat is making a huge impact on my life and leaving time open for important times that simply make life worth living. Before I sign off I must give credit where credit is due. This finding of the trinity was made by my sister, Amy Ruth. And yes, she is sitting here right now. And yes, she did mention that it would only be right for me to give thanks to the one who actually made the discovery. Thanks, Amy. You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment