Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mission Control, We Have Landed

I need to be more regular in posting to my blog. I say this to myself several times a day. Lately it hasn't been easy. My mind has been cluttered, my heart has been heavy and I haven't been sleeping like I should. Why? Because Houston, we have a problem. I don't want anyone to worry. This is all fine now. But along the way the turbulence was more than bumpy. Scott started searching for a new home right after we sold our house here in Appleton. Not a minute sooner, because we knew that we would find the perfect house and not be able to make an offer until our house was sold.

So the search began. We spent hours pouring over listings on the Internet. Fun? Not so much. Mostly because we would find a house and it would be sold within 24 hours of our discovery. Scott visited many homes. Wasn't feeling it. We spent an entire weekend, beautiful weather weekend, inside on the computer looking at houses. We found one! Called the owner as it was a FSBO, For Sale By Owner, for those of you who don't know. This house was so pretty. It was green---I mean environmentally constructed. So quaint, we loved it. Scott asked one simple question, being the former cop that he is, how is the crime in the neighborhood? We've only had two murders in the neighborhood in the last couple of years. I said, do you think that this guy was joking? Scott said, at first I did, but then he went on to explain in more detail. Check that house off the list.

So, last weekend we looked at nine houses. Of course we found the perfect one---only 30 minutes from the city on a good day. We know some do this, but the commute is not for us. Defeated, I came back to Appleton. Scott went to six open houses on Sunday. Nice house, not so nice neighborhood. Nice neighborhood, not so nice house. So sad how the foreclosed homes are damaged and neglected. Then the heavens opened, the angels sang and yes, something glorious happened. Scott found us a house. It's brand new, in an area that we like, close to work and had a great park nearby.

Simply have faith that things will work out and they usually do. The trip there doesn't always go the way we want it, but a safe landing makes it all worth it. Take off: 38 days and counting...
© 2010 Ann M. De Broux

No comments:

Post a Comment