Sunday, October 14, 2012

Date Night

Yep. I'm dating again. Simmer down now. We're dating each other. Scott and Ann. This time is different though. No pressure. No wondering what would be the least messy thing to eat when we go out for dinner. No having a plan to get out of the date if it doesn't go well. Who would do that, right? Ok. I did that.

Scott and I were set up on a blind date. I was nervous for sure. At the time I worked at a place that required me to carry a pager. So I had this all planned out. At 9:00 my sister would page me. If the date wasn't going well, I would say I needed to leave and address an emergency. If the date was going well, I would say good, my sister would hang up the phone, and I would let the people that I was with know that I had handled the work situation over the phone. Pretty tricky, huh?

As you have probably figured out I didn't have to leave for an emergency that night almost 21 years ago. And I certainly didn't need to fake a page over the weekend. We dated in a comfortable and not taking advantage of each other kind of way. We dated in a grateful manner. We took turns talking and listening. We enjoyed conversation. Our dates were relaxed and fun. Just as they should be.

Tomorrow Gracie gets a date. She'll be picked up from school and they are going out for ice cream. I'm not jealous. I'm happy for both of them. I will say this, though. We are incredibly lucky ladies. Life is good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment