Tuesday, October 2, 2012

We Shopped, We Ate And We Slept

Yesterday was a day like many others. I went to work and Gracie went to school. It was what went down after we got home that was not your every day norm. My sister, Amy, is visiting. That could have something to do with it. And the fact that Gracie just celebrated her 13th birthday had a bit to do with it, too. Lots of gift cards were burning a hold in her pocket. I get that.

To the mall we went. For those of you that know me, this is difficult for me. I do this only a couple of times a year. If that. I went through the normal speech. We won't be here long. We have things to do at home. The dogs need us. You have homework. I need to write Christmas cards. Ok, maybe not the cards.

We entered the mall with a plan and a limit of time. To Aeropostale she went. Amy and I went across the aisle to Bath and Body Works. Before we entered the store I ran into a former student. Big hug. She's doing great she told me. We caught up quickly and said good bye. Then I was lured into the store by the yummy smells. We resisted mostly. But we gave in when it came to marshmallow and cinnamon lip balms.

We rejoined Gracie and after paying, left the store with new comfy sweat pants. Yep. Sucked in again. Off to Pink. I'm not getting a thing is what I said to myself. Then many underthings later we left that part of the building. And on to Dick's. Gracie was great. She really was moving along. This trip to the mall was not as painful as I thought it might be.

We were famished when we got home. Pizza was on the menu. The sweats, yes, the new ones, were being enjoyed by all. And then the sleepiness overtook us. I forgot to mention that I didn't sleep well the night before. Why? Because my fan died. I need a fan to sleep. And sleep is what I did last night. New fan, new woman today. Slept like a baby.

The day and night were enjoyed. We were busy ladies. Just doing girl stuff. Everyone needs to have fun like this every once in a while. Especially when you've just turned 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment