Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oh, October, How Do I Love Thee?

Let me count the ways...

First, the month starts with a birthday for a terrific lady. My Mom. This year it was a milestone birthday. Let me just say this. If I am lucky enough to look and act that young at her age, I will consider myself blessed. She is an awesome example of how to live your life with grace, intelligence, strength, beauty and humor.

Next, I just love the cooler temperatures. The red, orange and yellow leaves. The way the air smells. I love the noise that the leaves make when you walk through them. Swish. Swish. Swish.

How about hayrides? And squash bowling. Hot apple cider. Chili and soups. Yum.

And there's Halloween. I love to carve a pumpkin. Roasting the pumpkin seeds with a dash of salt. Ghosts, goblins, super heroes and storybook characters ringing my doorbell. Orange pumpkin lights.

And one more reason to love October. The 31st to be exact. It is our wedding anniversary. Twenty years. We made it. I say that with a smile on my face. Twenty years with my man. My best friend. He has shown me devotion and love I never thought possible. He has shown me that he is incredibly strong. And yet not afraid to admit to feeling weak. He has helped make me a better person. And I hope I have done the same for him. True partners in life.

This is why I love October.

No comments:

Post a Comment